NUEVO SITIO/NEW WEBSITE

RADIO PATRIMONIOS TIENE NUEVA PÁGINA, A PARTIR DE AHORA LA VIDA NORMAL DE LA RADIO TRANSCURRIRÁ EN EL SIGUIENTE LINK PERO ESTA QUEDARÁ ABIERTA



RADIO PATRIMONIOS HAVE A NEW WEBSITE, FROM NOW ON EVERYTHING WILL BE POSTED ON THE NEXT LINK, BUT THIS BLOG WILL KEEP OPEN WITHOUT ANY NEW


LA RADIO

DARLE PLAY PARA ESCUCHAR. UN LINK DIRECTO PARA ESCUCHAR https://myradiostream.com/45/10466 CLICK EN PLAY PARA REPRODUCIR LA TRANSMISIÓN Reproductores alternativos 2º reproductor (tocar play gris y luego negro)
Obtener el Flash Player para acceder a este reproductor.

miércoles, 1 de agosto de 2012

Interview to Samite

Interview -

Hi Samite!, thanks for living us this opportunity. For those people who don’t know you, can you introduce yourself?

 Hi my name is Samite. I am a musician/photographer. I was born and raised in Uganda. I play many instruments, but I am mostly known as a Kalimba and flute player.

 - When did you start with the music?

 I started to play music at a very young age. I think it was the flute that I picked up first. I learned by watching my grandfather and my uncle play.

 - In the beggining, do you find it hard to learn to play the kalimba? Did you learn yourself? It was not very difficult, I think mostly because I had seen many musicians play this instrument when I was little kid. I was in Kenya as a political refugee when I decided to pick up the Kalimba. At that time I was really sad, missing my country and my people. So the kalimba became a way for me to travel back home through the healing power of music. I had to teach my self, that explains why I have my own style of playing it. Most people use thumbnails to play the Kalimba. I prefer to use the soft part of my thumb to create a softer sound.

 - What instrument do you like most to play?

 My voice. Mi voz

 - What inspires you to compose your songs?

 Most of the times songs come to me in my dreams, but sometimes I am affected by what I see or hear. Like seeing a homeless man on the street. And seeing how every one feels good about calling him homeless, making it easy to pass by him. Here I got inspired to write: My name is not homeless, my mother calls me baby.

 - Besides tradicional music, what other musical genre you like, or you like it to play?

 A little bit of jazz. Modern creative jazz, but I am not very good at it. I think its because I don't practice my flute. I think I need to spend more time practicing my flute. Instead I end up doing many other things like making picture frames out of wood for my photography.

 - What is the significance of your compositions for yourself?

 I think music is the way I express my self and the way I make a difference in the word.

 - I have understood you do charity work, could you tell us about that?

 I bring the healing power of music people who are going through a hard time. People like former child soldiers and kids with aids. Music touches their souls and helps in the healing process.

 - Apart from play music, do you have any hobby?

 Well, I think making picture frames was a hobby that has turned into a job now. I love making furniture to give to my wife. I also love riding my Triumph motor bike.

 - For those people who are interested, where can they buy your music?

 My music can be found at CD baby, Itunes and Amazon

 - Well Samite, I appreciate the time you give us to make this little interview to Radio Patrimonios. To finish, do you like to share any message to our readers and listeners about music in particular or about life?

 I don't want to say the same things that everyone says, especially when it comes to peace in the world. But I find it disturbing that there is so much violence in the world. I especially want us to pay more attention to the issue of child soldiers. Let us help these kids to put the guns down and pick up a musical instrument instead. '

No hay comentarios:

Seguinos en Facebook